Strawberry season has arrived in Central Pa, so it's time to stock up on one of our favorite fruits! A local farm allows us to pick our own, so I took the girls out to pick strawberries last Tuesday. This was a new experience for both of them. They were excited to see how the berries grow and how to pick them.
Emma discovered that it's more fun to squish the berries than pick them. Squishing strawberries can be done by stepping on them or the more fun way - squeezing handfuls of them and letting the juice run down your hands and all over your clothes. She did both!
Even with all the squishing of the berries we managed to pick a couple quarts to bring home. We enjoyed eating the fresh juicy berries the rest of the day.
4 comments:
I bet your strawberries are better than ours. Yum! Looks like fun.
Carrie, you are doing a great job on your blog. Don't forget to print it out so you can have it forever! It will be such a wonderful memory for the children to look back on when they are older! Do you mind if I link to you from mine? Have a great day!
What farm did you guys go to? I want to go before they're all picked!
Jena - go out past Val's and her in-laws and down Stonemill Dr. to Garber Rd. Turn Left and follow signs. It's not a big strawberry patch, so hopefully you can get some!
Post a Comment